Featured Volunteer Opportunities
Career Development Committee
The Career Development Committee has several volunteer opportunities:
Mentoring Subcommittee: Volunteer opportunities entail a 4-6 hour monthly commitment. The committee meets once a month for 1 -1.5 hours. Teleconferences may be substituted for face-to-face meetings. Volunteer opportunities include the following;
- Quality Champion to survey development (or refinement); present data to the team; and lead the Quality Assurance Team in a monthly Q&A effort to ensure the integrity of the program.
- Logistics Representative to select venues for events including mixers and orientations; coordinate the planning of events in terms of scheduling meeting locations and food; develop innovative approaches in marketing the program; develop communications through various venues; and coordinate with AHRMA on distributing communications via monthly newsletters, e-blasts, and meeting flyers.
If you are interested in volunteering with this sub-committee, please contact the committee chairperson at email@example.com and/or the VP Career Development at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Certification Subcommittee: Assist the Certification Chair with the coordination and management of all aspects of the course, such as coordinating facilitators for Spring/Fall PHR and SPHR course; ensuring that the AHRMA website is updated with class schedule and initiating the ordering of SHRM Learning Systems and facilitators materials; ensuring instructors have appropriate materials, exams, and training aids; developing, designing, and measuring end of course survey; and interpreting/analyzing data from surveys and initiating change as needed - monthly hour commitment – approximately 4-10 hrs.
If you are interested in volunteering for this subcommittee, please contact the Certification Chair at email@example.com.
The Diversity Committee is looking for volunteers who have a passion for diversity initiatives. Duties/responsibilities include:
- Willingness to attend monthly committee meetings, as often as possible.
- Interest in attending local events/meetings related to diversity and inclusion.
- Willingness to assist in the development, design, and implementation of AHRMA diversity-related projects and/or programs.
- Willingness to write and/or submit articles on occasion, for the AHRMA blog.
- Monthly hourly commitment is roughly 2-3 hours per month.
If you are interested in volunteering with this committee, please contact the Diversity Committee VP at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Publicity – Works with Communications Committee and local news outlets to publicize programs – monthly hour commitment (5hrs.).
- Speakers – Leads in Program Development, including themes, and speaker search & selection, and brings recommendations to Programs Committee - monthly hour commitment (5hrs.).
- HRCI Pre-Approval – Coordinates pre-approval applications through HRCI for all qualified programs.
- Meeting Sponsors – Secures table sponsors for themed meetings and coordinates sponsorship activities with the AHRMA office – Collaboration with Conference Committee - monthly hour commitment (5hrs.).
- Miscellaneous Opportunities – Assist in all topic areas as needed - monthly hour commitment (3 hrs.).
- Collection of response cards – place a box at the meeting for collection and draw for a prize to be mailed
- Speaker Hosts
If you are interested in volunteering with this committee, please contact the Programs Committee VP at email@example.com.
The Technology Committee is looking for volunteers with a knack for technology who can lend support to the Vice President in the following area:
- Events of Interest and e-Blast Coordinator -Coordinates the posting of AHRMA, Affiliate and Sponsor “Events of Interest” communications on AHRMA's website & social networking event calendars and in the "Events of Interest" section of AHRMA e-blasts. Reviews and approves all e-blast correspondence while managing the process for delivering regularly scheduled e-blasts, sponsor-paid e-blasts, and special requests.
If you are interested, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Volunteer Placement Committee
- Volunteer Coordinator Back Up - This person would work with the chair and be able to help with the duties of the chair during her absence or schedule conflicts. (monthly time commitment - up to 2 hours)
- Volunteer Committee Member - This person would work with the chair and backup to provide ideas and collaboration to make the volunteer process more effective. Ideally this person would have some technical skills to help generate and maintain a volunteer database. (Monthly time commitment - up to 2 hours)
If you are interested in volunteering with this sub-committee, please contact the Membership Co-VPs at email@example.com
Workforce Readiness Committee
The Workforce Readiness Committee is always looking for people to volunteer for:
- Workforce readiness planning.
- Curriculum development.
- Conducting presentations at schools, career fairs, and speaker's bureau.
If you are interested in volunteering with this committee, please contact the Workforce Readiness Co-VPs at firstname.lastname@example.org.