Workforce Readiness Committee
The Workforce Readiness Committee shall coordinate the development and delivery of the Chapter workforce readiness initiatives.
Co-VP's of Workforce Readiness
Liisa Pursiheimo-Marcks & Kristin Huber Email: VPWorkforcereadiness
Co-Chairs: Ramona Oliver & John Steele Email: T2P
Partnership Projects Sub-Committee
Co-Chairs: Cathy Brigham & Annette Gregory E-mail: WFR-Strategic
Co-Chairs: Julia Menegay & Raqui Bates E-mail: WFR-School2Work
Project Management Sub-Committee
Chair: Emmanuel Toutain E-mail: WFR-PM
Create partnerships and programs to bridge workforce readiness gaps.
The Workforce Readiness Committee activities support the development of students, incumbent and transitioning workers, as well as re-entrant workers with relevant skills and knowledge for the current and future workplace.
- Create programs to assist professionals in transition
- Research and identify stakeholders in the community and develop partnerships
- Bring forward the employers' voice in workforce readiness discussions
- Be an active participant in the community by creating awareness of workforce readiness gaps
Committee Volunteer Opportunities
We are always seeking active volunteers for help with the Workforce Readiness Committee on the following programs and projects:
- Workforce Readiness planning
- Bring the "world of work" closer to students by way of organizing career fairs, job shadowing and mentoring
- Create programs to help veterans and HR professionals in transition
- Coordinate the annual Workforce Readiness Day
Workforce Readiness Subcommittees
Transition 2 Position
Mission: Create opportunities to bridge gaps between employers and transitioning professionals.
2012 Focus: HR Professionals and Military Veterans
Co-Chairs: John Steele / Ramona Oliver
School 2 Work
Mission: Preparing today's students to be tomorrow's workforce through partnerships.
The School 2 Work committee partners closely with Communities in Schools where the relationship between mentor and mentee works to strengthen the commitment of the student to the value of learning.
Co-Chairs: Julia Menegay / Raqui Bates
Mission: Using AHRMA members’ special talents and employers’ voice to complete projects with our community partners.
Examples of projects: Workforce Readiness Skills Survey among Central Texas employers; a focus group study with hiring managers on workforce readiness skills, in partnership with E3 Alliance.
Looking for partner liaison volunteers with knowledge on Workforce Readiness and AHRMA partnerships
Co-Chairs: Cathy Brigham / Annette Gregory
Committee Member Onboarding - Share information about the committee and sub-committees; help new members become engaged and involved with a sub-committee.
Workforce Readiness Day - Each year AHRMA dedicates a monthly program to workforce readiness. The event includes workforce readiness related professional development sessions in the morning and afternoon, as well as a luncheon speaker who speaks on a workforce readiness related topic. Click here to learn more
Chair: Emmanuel Toutain
Our Community Partners:
- Workforce Solutions - Capital Area Workforce Board -The leadership and governing body for the regional workforce system. Responsible for the planning, oversight, and evaluation of workforce development activities in the Austin/Travis County area. Click here to learn more!
- E3 Alliance-Education Equals Economics - A regional collaborative to increase economic outcomes by aligning our education systems to better fulfill the potential of every citizen. Too few high school kids are graduating, the cost to our economy is staggering and benefits to closing the gaps are huge. Click here to learn more!
- Communities in Schools - Communities in Schools of Central Texas provides support and leverages resources for students and their families so that students graduate, succeed in life - and become a contributing member of our community. Click here to learn more!
How to get involved? Contact the Co-VP’s of Workforce Readiness at firstname.lastname@example.org and you will be provided with additional information and an invitation to the next committee meeting.