Legal and Legislative Affairs Committee
The Legal and Legislative Affairs Committee provides services to keep AHRMA members informed of the status of key legal issues that affect the human resource management field. These include the following:
- Legislative Action Day, offering a full day of legal sessions featuring local attorneys;
- Legal updates during the monthly lunch meetings;
- Complimentary Table Topics sessions offered during monthly meetings, giving members access to local attorneys to discuss hot legal topics;
- Trips to the Capitol to discuss legislation of interest to HR with legislators;
- Podcasts and webinars about timely and interesting legal topics by local attorneys;
- Blogging participation by local attorneys.
The Legal and Legislative Affairs Committee also works with SHRM and the Texas State Council to ensure that the views and concerns of AHRMA members are well represented in Congress and the media. The Chairperson of this Committee shall be appointed by the Vice President of Programs, who shall oversee the activities of this Committee.
Legislative Action Day - Legislative Action Day is a full day of sessions organized around legal issues and legislative affairs featuring local attorneys informing, promoting, and supporting relevant HR issues. This includes coordinating potential presenters, publicity announcements, speaker hosts, and meeting day coordinators for Round Table Topics, Legislative Action Day, AHRMA monthly meeting sessions, and other events.
Legal and Legislative Affairs Committee - Researches and contacts potential presenters for Round Table Topics, Legislative Action Day, AHRMA monthly meeting sessions, and other events. Coordinates publicity announcements, speaker hosts, and meeting day coordinators.
Legislative BLOG - Creates submissions to the BLOG about new and/or changing legislation.
Legal Webinars & Podcasts - Coordinates podcasts and webinars on new or changing legal issues relevant to the HR profession.
Co-VP Legal and Legislative Affairs Committee
Jennifer Powell and Kevin Lashus