Develop future leaders within the human resource profession.
Stepping Stones to Enhanced Leadership is a creative and innovative program designed, developed, and implemented to meet the professional development needs of individual members of the Austin Human Resource Management Association (AHRMA), provide HR Certification Institute (HRCI) recertification credit, create a pipeline of emerging leaders for AHRMA’s Board of Directors succession planning, and meet employers needs for improvement of employee engagement, retention, and professional development.
The Stepping Stones to Enhanced Leadership program was established in 2008 as a tool for developing AHRMA leaders and as a reward to our volunteers and their employers for the hours of service they dedicate to the human resource profession. The program includes nine (4-hour) - modules, which are certified for HRCI credit.
- "The program had a positive effect on our HR Director's professional growth and afforded another opportunity for the two of us to focus on issues related to her on-going development as an HR professional. The time and effort she put into the program was well worth it."
- "Our organization has limited funds for professional development, so the program was a welcome addition to the very modest professional development opportunities already available."
- "This program is invaluable in that it addresses educational issues not usually covered in HR professional development programs. Rather than dealing with HR specific education, the "Stepping Stones" Program looks at the HR professional as a Business Executive operating in a team/organizational environment and helps them recognize the importance of leadership skills."
- "The Program develops real management skills that are so important to the continued growth of the individual and their ability to influence and impact their company at all levels."
- "For HR Professionals to gain a seat at the executive table, they have to go beyond the traditional HR boundaries and understand the goals and strategic vision of the entire organization. This program provided that insight."
- "Successful programs like Stepping Stone do not just happen - they require the effort and commitment of many people. I want to commend AHRMA for supporting this type of educational program."
"I have taken things I have learned from each module and put them in action in my workplace and have had very positive results on my performance evaluation. This has been a tremendous program! Thank you so much for this fabulous opportunity!"
"This program has motivated me in both my personal and professional lives. Being reminded of different personalities and how to work with those people through DISC has been the most beneficial."
"This program has helped me learn more about myself and my skills as a leader. Thanks so much!"
"In the past, I struggled to understand some limits in my personal and professional life. This program helped me discover how my personality and communication type influence my actions and relationships. I realized some of my own behaviors were the limiting factors. This program provided me the opportunity and tools to work on these areas of opportunity."
- January 9, 2013 - DiSC: Self Discovery
- February 20, 2013 - DiSC: Building Collaborative Teams
- April 3, 2013 - Credible Activist
- May 1, 2013 - Cultural Steward
- June 19, 2013 - Talent Manager
- July 31, 2013 - Leadership Assessment
- September 11, 2013 - Strategy Architect
- October 16, 2013 - Business Ally
- November 20, 2013 - Operational Executor
All sessions will be held from 7:00 a.m.-11:30 a.m. at the Crowne Plaza Hotel, 6121 IH-35 (I-35 & Hwy. 290), Austin, Texas.
Participant Expectations: Your attendance will make a difference or you, your employer, and others in the program. You are expected to attend every session in order to reap the full benefit of this leadership program. If you have an emergency and are unable to attend one session, it will be your responsibility to complete and submit the missed assignment in a timely manner to firstname.lastname@example.org. After the second missed session, you will be asked to leave the program.
Programs similar to AHRM's SHRM Pinnacle Award winning leadership development course cost approximately $4,500/person; however, through the very generous support of our presenters, donors, and the AHRMA Board of Directors, we are once again able to provide 25 scholarships for qualifying AHRMA members. In the spirit of giving back, AHRMA scholarship winners agree to participate in a minimum of (4) AHRMA committee meetings (can be 1 or more committees), to be completed within the Stepping Stones program year. Non-AHRMA participants may participate in the program for a fee of $250 per person, payable to the AHRMA office (2525 Wallingwood Drive, Bldg. 13A, Austin, TX 78746) no later than December 21, 2012.
APPLICATION FEE: There is a one-time, non-refundable application fee of $75, which must be submitted along with the completed application in order to be considered for selection.
Interested in participating in the 2014 Stepping Stones to Enhanced Leadership program?
Watch the AHRMA website in October 2013 for detailed information and application instructions.