Why participate in the AHRMA Mentoring Program?
- Develop your leadership skills
- Earn PHR/SPHR credits
- Improve your HR capabilities
- Increase your professional network
- Give back to the HR profession
The purpose of the AHRMA Mentoring Program is to provide opportunities for AHRMA members to share their knowledge with one another. Throughout the program, experienced Human Resource Professionals (Mentors) give back to the profession by mentoring less experienced Human Resource practitioners (Mentees).
The AHRMA Mentoring program increases Human Resource competencies through learning engagements, seeks to bridge skill gaps and reaches across disciplines. It also offers AHRMA members the opportunity to gain valuable contacts, networking opportunities and friendships that continue well beyond program completion.
If you are interested in becoming a Mentor or a Mentee, please complete the form below. Or if you have further questions, please contact our committee leader at email@example.com.
Important Requirements Below - please read
In order to participate in the program, you must:
- Be a current AHRMA member and maintain membership for the duration of the mentoring program
- Plan to remain actively involved in a Human Resources capacity for the entire duration of the program
- Meet the bona fide requirements to participate
- Commit to a minimum number of meetings/contacts
Minimum requirements to be an AHRMA Mentor:
- 5+ years in the HR profession (3 yrs. must be in an exempt role)
- 10+ years in the profession is optimal
- Passion for the advancement of the HR Profession
- Demonstrated experience in progressive HR disciplines/responsibilities/leadership
- Professional certification desired (PHR, SPHR, CCP, CBP)
- Previous mentor experience a plus
Minimum requirements to be an AHRMA Mentee:
Currently employed in an HR role or in transition seeking a role in HR
Focused/determined on a long-term career in HR