The Austin Human Resource Management Association (AHRMA) is a not for profit association of 800+ human resource professionals in the greater Austin area representing more than 500 businesses. Formed in 1950, AHRMA is a top chapter of the national Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM) and has been awarded Superior Merit Awards for the past several years. AHRMA is the premier association driving the Human Resource profession to a level that is critical to organizational success. We develop professionals and provide opportunities to contribute to each other, our organization and our communities.
AHRMA Mission and Objectives:
The Austin Human Resource Management Association's mission is to promote professionalism, effectiveness, and understanding in the Human Resource Management field by offering members a wide variety of professional development opportunities and a common forum for sharing ideas and experiences.
AHRMA Serves its Members by:
Providing a wide range of educational programming and activities that allow members to develop their expertise in the functional areas of Human Resource Management.
- Fostering increase awareness and understanding of the Human Resource profession throughout the business community and the general public.
- Encouraging the highest standards of integrity through our Code of Ethics.
- Providing a regular forum for members to meet and exchange information in addressing current human resource issues.
AHRMA members represent the entire spectrum of HR management. Many of our members attend our annual conference in August while enjoying the benefits of networking and developing relationships with each other.
50% Manager Level or above
- Held Monthly
- Features a luncheon with a keynote speaker, followed by an afternoon workshop with an added professional development session in the morning.
- Average attendance in 2011 has been around 150.