Place of business:
We are looking for a motivated and experienced individual to take charge of our employee experience through management and hands on administration of our human resources, payroll and benefits processes and procedures. We currently have about 125 employees and are a rapidly growing wine importer/distributor headquartered in north Austin, with multiple Texas locations and a division in California.
At Serendipity Wines, our team members are passionate about our employees, customers, and business partners. We thrive on collaboration and solving problems. We are constantly striving to improve our work environment, processes, and procedures so that we can better support our team and customers.
Are you a self-starter who can take ownership over your responsibilities but also work as part of a team? Are you highly organized with a great attention to detail? Are you passionate about people? If this sounds like you, we think you should apply!
- Process Payroll on a bi-monthly basis for our 125+ employee population (mostly in Texas and California), ensuring payroll is accurate, processing updates to employee information, staying abreast of system changes, and serving as the subject matter expert on all payroll-related inquiries.
- Administrate Benefits by reviewing & selecting great benefit packages for our employees, answering employee questions, manage leave programs including PTO, FMLA, etc.
- Recruit, Hire, Train: assist managers with hiring process from recruiting through interviews, generate offer letters, ensure new employees receive introductory orientation & training, empower existing employees through continued performance reviews from their managers and HR & manager recommended training sessions.
- Employee Relations & HR issues: take the lead on HR and performance related issues, working with management and employees (and outside advisors as necessary) to resolve issues respectfully and fairly.
- Management Information & Team Play: constantly interact with all team managers to provide information necessary for their budget and their employees’ experience.
- HRIS/Payroll System: Review and assess our existing HRIS/Payroll system and make recommendations for changes that will support our growing company
Accredited Bachelor's degree in a related field. PHR/SHRM/CPP certification is a plus!
- 4+ years' hands-on, full-cycle payroll processing experience, preferably for an employee population of 100+; California experience a plus
- 4+ years of progressive HR experience, including leading the full employment life cycle, from on-boarding to departure.
- You are not afraid of Excel and can use formulas and Pivot Tables along with related analytical and problem-solving experience.
- You thoroughly understand employee benefits to include annual open enrollment process.
- You can multi-task and take on new challenges without getting overwhelmed.
- You are organized, with the ability to effectively prioritize and manage your time.
- You enjoy collaborations and working with a team, but also possess the ability to exercise independent judgment, take initiative, and execute with limited direction.
- You can maintain focus and keep a strong eye on the details while working in a constantly changing environment.
Click here to apply.